Crafty TV Writing:
Thinking Inside the Box
A professional TV writer's real-world guide
to getting paid to write great television
Yes, very good.
I like it!
Dood! I love it, love it, love it.
Ack. So no one wins the autographed book? Anyone closest? ;)
"Thinking Inside the Box" - Yes, book that! Wow. Chicago Cubs World-Series-winning grand-slam-homer there. Tilt. Tilt.
But for the rest...I guess I will have to be the naysayer. (Don't shoot me, I still love yah). But it's way way too wordy; not snappy at all, doesn't flow smooth. And 'TV writer' is redundant and what of the two television's? You mean a TV writer writes Television? Shock, horror. ;) And 'to getting paid to'? Egads, that phrase could stall a semi-truck. 'Real-world guide' is good tho. Also, to further nitpick, doesn't 'getting paid' indirectly imply a professional? If you write GREAT television, heck you should be getting paid, right? Writing great television just for amusement? Count me out. ;) But if keeping "Getting Paid', maybe marry it to "Real-World"?
Keeping the 'theme' but rewriting...
* The Professional’s Real-World Guide to Writing Great Television
* The Professional Getting-Paid Guide to Writing Great Television
* The Getting-Paid Guide to Writing Great Television
* The Getting-Paid Guide to Writing Professionally Great Television
* The Professional’s Real-World & Getting-Paid Guide to Writing Great Television
* The Professional’s Getting-Paid Real-World Guide to Writing Great Television
Back to Complications Ensue main blog page.