Hmmm, looking back on the year, it feels a bit spotty. That's because I wasn't on a show, I was developing my own stuff. Last year I wrote six Charlie Jade
scripts, a Naked Josh
script, co-wrote the NJ season arc (though I imagine it was rewritten afterwards), and wrote Unseen
, a spec feature.
This year, I wrote
- my second book, Crafty TV Writing
- two spec scripts, Gone to Soldiers and Medieval;
- two pitch bibles for TV series, Exposure and The alternative;
- a pilot for Exposure and a breakdown for a second ep;
- a full-on just-add-water treatment for another script, The Eighth Day;
- a production rewrite on a go movie, Bon Cop Bad Cop which got me a credit;
- did some development work on a couple of other people's scripts; and
- did a five page comics pitch.
It doesn't feel like quite as much writing, but that's because of all the mental retraining involved. Every time you create something new you have to create the tools in your head for that piece. When you're on a show, you can keep using the same tools.
We'll see what the New Year brings.
Labels: Alex, spec pilots