Ah to be young again, and fancy free. And get free money from government agencies:
For Quebec WGC Members Only
Sprint for your script: Call for submissions - 10th edition
SODEC invites young screenwriters to enter SPRINT FOR YOUR SCRIPT !
For the tenth edition of this annual competition, screenwriters are asked to submit a first draft script with dialogue for a short drama or animated film (maximum length: 12 minutes) before August 11th, 2008.
MORE THAN A CONTEST!
The selected screenwriters will enjoy the benefits of participating in a truly unique screenwriter’s workshop. They will be paired off with an advisory screenwriter and will participate in intensive individual and group work sessions in the charming atmosphere of the Old Dawes Brewery at the Guy-Descary cultural complex in Lachine, from mid-September to the beginning of October
Grand Prix consists of a $55,000 investment in production by SODEC and more.
- the $1,000 CBC/WGC Prize for the Best English Language Script
- the SARTEC Special Mention consisting of a $1,000 prize for a French script
- the Prix coup de coeur du public consisting of a $1, 000 prize
In addition, the finalists’ seven scripts will be read publicly by professional actors. This event will be held during the 37th annual Festival du Nouveau Cinéma de Montréal (October 8th-19th).
The event will be followed by a cocktail a presentation of the awards.
• Be between the ages of 18 and 35 (i.e. not have turned 36 at the time of script submission deadline)
• Be a resident of Québec for at least two years
• Be pursuing on a professional writing career (high school, college and university undergraduate students are not eligible)
• Have had a script produced and publicly released or broadcast (proof required)
For more information about eligibility for Sprint for Your Script, please visit the WGC website and click on the Sprint for Your Script icon on the home page.
I'm not complaining, mind. My network just ordered two new scripts on the urban metaphysical series I'm developing for them.
Labels: breaking in, free money